WHAT IS A HER CAMPUS CHAPTER?
Leading a Her Campus chapter is just like running your own magazine. You'll have the opportunity to:
- Recruit and manage a team of writers and marketing mavens
- Oversee editorial content
- Create a social media and publicity strategy
- Plan and execute campus-wide events/publicity campaigns
Our chapters are responsible for publishing content as well as posting on their chapter's official social media accounts on a weekly basis.
WHY SHOULD I START A CHAPTER AT MY SCHOOL?
Starting a Her Campus chapter is a great way to get real-world experience for those interested in media, journalism, marketing, PR, entrepreneurship or event-planning, and employers definitely notice! We also offer internship credit for chapter leaders.
Her Campus Team members have moved on to jobs and internships at Glamour, Vogue, Vanity Fair, Seventeen, Marie Claire, Harper's Bazaar, The Washington Post, People, Teen Vogue, InStyle, Lucky, Women's Wear Daily, The Huffington Post, MTV, Digitas, Ogilvy and many more!
WHAT DO I NEED TO APPLY?
All supporting materials should be PDF files only.
- Cover letter - joint cover letter if applying with partner
- Original Writing Sample - preferably published work
- Three on-campus publicity ideas
- Three on- or off-campus event ideas
- At least five students interested in being on your team
NOTE: If selected to receive an edit test, we will ask for a list of students interested in being on your executive team. Required positions are: Senior Editor, Events Director, Marketing & Publicity Director and Social Media Director.